Saturday, January 20, 2007

Snow Fun!

The Vancouver area has been getting tons of snow this year, so have taken advantage of that and gotten out for some fun in the snow...

Beth and I snowshoed to the top of Black Mountain (part of the Cypress Mountain ski area) today! It was an absolutely gorgeous sunny day and the conditions couldn't have been better. The peak of Black Mountain provided a fabulous 360 degree view of the city (which was mostly under fog) and the surrounding mountains and ocean. It was gorgeous. We took our time going up but really blazed a trail on our way down. All told, we were on the mountain for about 3.5 hours for the 7km round trip trail. I think it's safe to say that we'll be back again! Must post some photos...

I had on my fabulous boots...they actually match my ski poles...so, you don't need to tell me how great they are. I already know...I'm a waking fashion statement.

We also went snow tubing this year. It was great fun. I'd never been before, so it was a new adventure. Rescan, my new employer, organized a work social function at the Mount Seymour Snow Tubing hill, so Ginny, Beth and I joined in. I've never thrown myself face first down a steep hill (cliff...?) on an innertube on purpose, but it was tons of fun. Ginny took some little videos of the hill...which I'm hoping to post soon...so check back. The first video is Beth and then me being towed up the hill...mind the stumbling...it was a bit slippery...really... It was also quite foggy, which made photography tricky, but I have a good one of Beth and I which I must post...

Beth and I also went cross-country skiing just before Christmas at Cypress Mountain. It was just following a huge snowfall. The weather was gorgeous and it felt like we were skiing through a winter wonderland. Photos to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home