Friday, March 06, 2009

Day 4 - Shanghai

We did a ton of wandering around today, despite a late start to the day. Around Christmas time, I had been on the hunt for a set of bamboo knitting needles and was going to buy some online and then realized they were coming from Shanghai...so I decided to hold off and wait until I got here. I checked Ravelry.com (my online source for everything knitting) to see what other traveling knitters had to say about finding knitting supplies in Shanghai and discovered that there are a number of shops on a street not far from the apartment, Ruijin Lu between Fuxing Zhonglu and Zhoajiabang Lu. We were in luck, finding 4 shops along the street, there may have been more but we didn't walk the entire length. I bought some knitting needles from one of the shops and some other knitting supplies from another shop.


We carried on through the neighbourhood and stopped at a little soup place for lunch.

After lunch we wandered around Tiakang Lu, an arty part of town full of narrow alleys and arty shops where I picked up some interesting artwork, photos and postcards.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you broken in your bamboo knitting sticks(LOL)?
Sly Sam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home