Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ottawa: Part 1

So my work decided to send me and a few coworkers to a conference in Ottawa during the last week of June. So, I thought I'd take advantage of the airline ticket provided by my employeres and spent some tourist time before the conference exploring the city. My coworker Colette decided to go with me.

We arrived late in the afternoon on June 24 and got settled in our dorm room! To save some pennies, we decided to stay in the residence at the University of Ottawa. The room wasn't back but the bus traffic outside our second story window was terrible! Not a lot of sleep was had during our stay there. However, it was close to downtown, just a 10 to 15 minute walk from our morning bagel place and to the parliament buildings.

Once we were settled, we ventured in to town to see if we could find something for dinner. Our original goal had been to find the BBQ cookoff contest which was on. However, we got the location wrong so settled for a noodle shop for dinner. Later in the evening we did find the BBQ contest, so had to try a few ribs. Yum. Tasty but a bit salty...we decided we'd have to return the next day to try ribs from another competitor.

We finished up our day listening to a bit of the jazz festival while overlooking the Rideau Canal.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home